protein powder

Does your body really need protein powder?

Spread the love

Protein powder is one of the most versatile and beloved sources of protein. It is mainly used to maintain weight, build muscle mass, and improve your sports performance. While we focus on optimizing protein benefits, we should also know that protein can be obtained from more than one source. 

Let us get right into it. Knowing when to use protein and how to consume protein is the best way you can optimize the benefits of protein powder. Let us start with why you are using it. More importantly, do you even need it? If you are lacking protein in your diet, you may very well rely on the powder. You can get good sources of protein from whole foods too. 

As already stated, there are many reasons to use protein, weight loss, muscle mass building, maintaining sugar levels, and even an energizing element to improve your sports performance. 

This is the best time to let you know that there are different types of sources you can obtain protein from, some are plant based while some are not. There are proteins that have lactose in them while some don’t. Let me note down some of the proteins.

Whey protein which is obtained from milk, egg protein is obviously obtained from eggs, there are kinds like hemp protein which do not contain either lactose or are obtained from animals. So pick the kind of protein that you feel comfortable with. 

And with each kind of protein, you also have types- Isolates, Concentrate, Hydrolysate.

What are they?

* Well, Isolates are where the protein makes up for around 90% while the other components like minerals and vitamins make up the remaining 10%. If you are using whey protein, know that whey isolates have less concentration of lactose than whey concentrates.

  • Concentrate protein powder contains about 80-% protein and the rest is made up of components. You should also know that in whey protein, the lactose content in concentrate is more than the Isolate.
  • Hydrolysates are partially digested proteins which help in easy absorption of them in your body. 

Now let’s talk a little bit about the kinds of protein. 

How to pick a protein powder for you?

The kind of protein that feels right for you. See if you prefer a plant based protein or animal based protein. Check if there is some element that does not suit your body. Know if you have any allergies in the protein powder. 

If you are bored of the same protein powder, you might want to look at flavours of protein. There are many different protein flavours for you to choose from. You will just have to love them all. Check out if your favorite flavour is still available at MAXN by clicking here. 

There are other ones like Whey protein which are extracted from milk so they contain lactose, see if your body is lactose intolerant. Egg protein might not be right for you ethically, if you are a vegetarian. 

Compare if the processing methods are aggressive. Know if you agree with the processing methods and if the quality is up to the mark. 

Another point is to see if your protein powder contains preservatives or any ingredients that might not help your goal. There are many more ingredients that protein powders pack, so it is important to know what you are taking for a protein powder. If you are looking for some healthy, and tastier version of a protein powder, we believe there is something for you. MaxN offers a range of protein powders and more for you to choose from. You can not just pick the product but get your favorite flavor right in that shaker of yours.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.