Energy drinks can be a great starter for your workout, giving you an extra boost of energy. They not only replenish the water and electrolytes you lose during exercise but also provide the energy needed to do more repetitions. These DIY energy drinks are easy to prepare and ensure you stay hydrated and maintain those crucial electrolyte levels.
Homemade energy drinks also help to avoid the excessive caffeine and unhealthy sugars that can affect the body. Preventing a drop in sugar levels is key to keeping energy levels up during workouts. You can achieve this by using natural sweeteners and sugars in fruits.
These energizing beverages typically use a base of water or milk, and the choice of ingredients can vary, offering different benefits. Also, you can try a new energy drink recipe each day to keep things exciting!
Selection of Homemade Energy Drink Recipes:
1. Apple Banana Protein Drink:
A popular homemade energy drink is the Apple Banana Protein Drink. To make it, you’ll need:
- 2 large bananas
- 1/2 cup of chopped apple
- 1 scoop of whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 3/4 cup of milk
Blend all these ingredients in a blender/Mixer jar. Let’s learn the benefits of this healthy homemade energy drink in detail:
- Bananas: They’re full of carbohydrates, potassium, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, and magnesium. They help control blood sugar levels because of the fiber they contain. Bananas can help with weight loss, boost your immune system, and aid in post-workout recovery.
- Apples: Apples can help prevent cardiovascular diseases, and diabetes, slow down the aging process, support weight management, and promote bone health.
- Whey Protein Powder: This high-quality protein is excellent for building muscle, which is important as we age and lose muscle mass. It can also lower blood pressure and help with diabetes.
2. Citrus Drink:
This refreshing Citrus homemade energy drink for the gym includes:
- 1/2 cup of fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of coconut water
- A pinch of salt
Blend all these ingredients. Now, let’s also know how these ingredients are advantageous:
- Fresh Orange Juice: It raises blood sugar, which is great for workouts. Also, it’s packed with potassium, an essential electrolyte that helps muscles contract and relax, reducing cramps, weakness, and fatigue. If you’re short of time, you can even have orange juice as a quick workout drink.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice is great for reducing pain and aiding digestion. It also helps restore electrolytes and prevents muscle cramps.
- Coconut Water: It supports muscle recovery, endurance, and overall recovery while keeping you hydrated.
3. Muscle Booster:
To create a powerful Muscle Booster, you’ll need:
- 200ml of milk
- 100g of plums
- 1 scoop of Whey Protein
- 1/4 cup of beetroot slices
- 5g of Creatine Monohydrate
- A pinch of salt
- 6-8 ice cubes
Blend all these ingredients together. Now, let’s also know how these ingredients are beneficial:
- Plums: Plums are an excellent choice for boosting energy levels before a workout, giving the endurance that is needed.
- Creatine Monohydrate: This ingredient improves your performance during high-intensity workouts and also supports muscle growth.
- Beetroot: Beetroot is a popular choice for homemade drinks, and it’s packed with nitrates that enhance blood flow to your muscles, making your workouts more efficient.
4. Filling Drink:
For a satisfying filling Drink, the ingredients are:
- 50g of oats
- 1 large banana
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 225ml of milk
- 2 scoops of protein powder
Blend all ingredients. You can also replace peanut butter with 150g of fresh pineapple and 2 tablespoons of chia seeds.
Here’s how these ingredients help:
- Oats: Oats increase energy and provide a steady release of carbohydrates, preventing sudden blood sugar spikes. They can also help reduce inflammation.
- Peanut Butter: It energizes muscles and provides healthy fats, helping avoid post-exercise cravings.
- Chia Seeds: They’re loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and antioxidants.
- Pineapple: Pineapple contains bromelain, an enzyme that helps break down protein, making it easier for the body to absorb.
These are some of the best homemade energy drinks for the gym. For a sedentary adult, a recommended protein dosage is 0.8g per kilogram of body weight. Bodybuilders and athletes require even more protein. This is why a protein-based drink is especially important for an athlete.
Homemade workout drinks help maintain energy levels during exercise and offer numerous benefits for overall well-being. If you’re lactose intolerant, be sure to avoid milk or whey protein and use suitable substitutes.
MAXN offers protein supplements that are free from banned substances and it is an ISO 22000 certified company. All MAXN products are made from high-quality ingredients, making them great for helping you achieve your fitness goals without compromising your health from unhealthy substitutes.